» Walk 2014 – EL CAMINO – Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela
Walk 2014 – EL CAMINO – Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela
THE EL CAMINO
Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela
- As I walked out one Midsummer morning … I can’t hope to be as poetic as Laurie Lee but today did start as a beautiful sunny day (although I soon realised that I should have saved ‘Uphill all the way’ as a title for today … ).
As we climbed up out of Betanzos, the scent of honeysuckle, the heather, broom, bracken and gorse ...
- Uphill all the way … Day 2 on the Camino Inglese Today’s hike was quite different. Much hillier, wilder and less stressful. Admittedly, we are also walking less far – from Pontedeume to Betanzos is a mere 20km – but it has been a beautiful ramble. I’m writing this first half of my blog sitting at the Albergue de Mino, the halfway point, where we have ...
- Bo Camiño! What an extraordinary day! We spent last night at a wonderful old hotel in Ferrol (Hotel Suizo). After checking out (and getting an all important stamp in our ‘Pilgrim Passports’), we set off for the port in the dark …. We were met at Kilometer Zero of the Camino by Isabella, who gave us a ...
- Camino Day 1 Ferrol to Pontedeume We were fortunate to be able to spend Day 0-1 (Yesterday) in the town of Coruna where we found the portion of the Camino that begins there.
Day one actually began on Day 0, Sunday September 14th when we all began to arrive in Ferrol. Gerie and I arrived by train from Coruna, a comfortable 1.25 ...
- INTO EXPERTS WALK ‘THE ENGLISH WAY’ TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA PRESS RELEASE
For immediate release: 10 September 2014
INTO EXPERTS WALK ‘THE ENGLISH WAY’ TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
Leading representatives of the International National Trusts Organisation (INTO) are going on a pilgrimage from Ferrol, on the North Coast of Spain, to Santiago de Compostela, next week along a route promoted by INTO members, Tesouros de Galicia.
The walk ...
- Posts from the Camino (2014) The INTO Team begins the walk on Monday September 15th. Watch here for photos and posts.
Within the space of 4 weeks in May and June 2014 the Vice-Chairman and two Directors of INTO will become septuagenarians!
The three in question have decided to use the occasion of the Executive Committee’s face-to-face meeting in Galicia in September next year, to celebrate these events by walking from La Coruna to Santiago de Compostela along the Pilgrims’ (English) Way, in order to raise money for INTO through sponsorship. Each of the walkers has the option to have their own page to track their fundraising goals.
It is hoped that many other members of the Executive Committee, Amicus Members and Secretariat will join them – spouses or partners are not excluded! The Walk is approximately 120 km in length and will take 5 days to complete, so averaging 24 km or 15 miles a day.
There is an alternative walk for those with less time from La Coruna but it is only 3 days and 75 km!
For those completing the longer walk, a certificate will be presented when they reach Santiago, but not so for those starting in La Coruna. The criterion for achieving the certificate is to have walked at least 100 km!
See Oliver’s Page, Catherine’s Page, Simon’s Page, Gerie’s Page, Bill’s Page, John’s Page, Emily’s Page Justin’s Page.